“I’m a teacher at heart. I love helping clients understand issues and find solutions that work best for them.” -Randall W. Sayers
Clients with issues involving trusts and estates, probate, trust and estate taxation, or business law can be confident they are working with a true expert in Hansen Dordell partner Randall W. Sayers. With more than 30 years of practice in these areas and another 10 teaching law school courses about them, plus an advanced legal degree in taxation, Randy has a special talent for explaining complex estate planning issues in easy-to-understand terms.
- Master of Laws Degree, magna cum laude, Taxation, William Mitchell College of Law (1989 – 1991)
- Juris Doctorate Degree, cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law (1977 – 1981)
- Master of Arts Degree, English Language and Literature, Indiana University Bloomington (1974 – 1975)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, English Language and Literature, University of Notre Dame (1970 – 1974)
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning/ Estate and Trust Administration
- General Business Law
- Business Succession Planning
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Selected to the Minnesota “Super Lawyers” list by Super Lawyers, 2003 – 2016
- Speaker, Estate and Trust Topics, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education
- Adjunct Faculty, William Mitchell College of Law (1993-98 and 2001-02)
- Adjunct Faculty, Hamline University College of Law (2004-2009)
Randall’s Areas of Practice
Everyone needs an estate plan. Our lawyers can clearly explain the wide variety of options, from simple joint ownership and beneficiary designations to wills and complex trusts. And when a death occurs, we can guide you through the estate or trust administration, advise you about probate and assist with tax issues.
Occasionally, disputes arise among beneficiaries of trusts and estates or between fiduciaries and beneficiaries. In the event of a dispute relating to a trust or estate, our attorneys will work with you to resolve the dispute in an efficient and respectful manner.
Despite a short legislative session in 2016, Minnesota legislators passed a number of laws affecting estate planning and estate administration, most of which became effective August 1st. The new laws ...
As you graduate from college, you will likely reach some of the biggest milestones of your life, such as entering your first profession, getting married, having children, and buying your first home. A...
You have likely heard the horror stories regarding probate. You may have heard a comment from a friend or neighbor or read something on the internet along the lines of, “In probate, the court decide...
Our experienced estate planning and probate attorneys offer careful planning and client counseling regarding estate planning, incapacity planning, trust and probate administration, business succession...
A will is among the most fundamental of estate planning documents, and it allows you to transfer your property after your death while retaining complete control of your property while you are living. ...