“I provide strong advocacy and offer creative legal solutions for all my clients.” -Joseph G. Twomey
Joseph G. Twomey has been a member of Hansen Dordell since 1998. In that time he has handled hundreds of cases to successful resolution. Joe has experience trying cases to juries, judges, and arbitrators and relishes the competition of the courtroom. He is passionate about obtaining the best possible result for his clients, whether it is through a pretrial settlement or by way of a trial or arbitration. Working together with clients to achieve the desired resolution is Joe’s favorite part of the practice of law.
Joe focuses his practice in the areas of workers’ compensation and civil litigation defense. He frequently lectures in the area of Minnesota workers’ compensation in client and continuing legal education seminars.
Prior to joining Hansen Dordell, Joe clerked for Ramsey County District Court Judge John T. Finley, where he was able to observe firsthand how the legal process worked. This experience fueled his interest in trial work.
When Joe is not working, he enjoys reading, playing bass guitar, running, traveling, and spending time with his wife and two daughters.
- Hamline University School of Law (Juris Doctor, 1996)
- Editor-in-Chief of the Hamline Law Review (1995-96)
- St. John’s University (Bachelor of Arts, English, 1992)
- U.S. District Court- District of Minnesota
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Former Co-Chair, Workers’ Compensation Section
- Vice President, Lawyers’ Guild of St. Thomas More
- Volunteer, University of St. Thomas Law School Legal Mentorship Program
- Board Member, YMCA Camp Northern Lights
- Board Member, Ramsey County Historical Society
- Manager, Edgcumbe Youth Hockey Association
- Volunteer Conciliator, Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis
- Past Youth Sports Coach, St. Paul
- Past School Volunteer, St. Paul School District
- Selected to the Minnesota “Rising Stars” list by Super Lawyers, 2005 – 2006, 2008 – 2010
- Selected to “The Best Lawyers in America 2019” list in the 2019 edition of Best Lawyers
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- Selected to “The Best Lawyers in America 2020” list in the 2019 edition of Best Lawyers
- Workers’ Compensation Law
Joe frequently speaks at client seminars on Minnesota and Wisconsin workers’ compensation topics.
Hansen Dordell is pleased to commend five members of our firm for their recognition in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019. Recognized in the category of Workers’ Compensation Law were James A. Schap...
In much anticipated decisions, the Minnesota Supreme Court recently addressed the idiopathic injury defense in Hohlt v. University of Minnesota and Kubis v. Community Memorial Hospital Association. ...
On November 1, 2016 Hansen Dordell will mark its 70th anniversary. Having been a part of this remarkable firm for almost 18 years, I wanted to take some time to reflect on this significant milestone. ...