“I make sure the opposing party and attorneys never ‘outwork’ me. Lawyers cannot control every aspect of a case, but they can ensure thorough preparation and tireless effort to minimize the unexpected.” -Nathaniel A. Dahl
Nathaniel A. Dahl brings a blue-collar work ethic and a variety of experience to Hansen Dordell. He grew up working on the family dairy farm in western Wisconsin and worked as a carpenter for several years before attending law school.
After graduating from law school, Nate represented clients in complex civil litigation while working at a national law firm and later served as a Minnesota Assistant Attorney General. He also served as an adjunct professor of trial advocacy at the University of St. Thomas School of Law. Throughout this time, he represented private and public sector clients in a wide variety of civil and criminal matters.
Nate came to Hansen Dordell because of the firm’s reputation for demonstrating superior trial skills and aggressively pursuing client objectives while treating other parties with dignity and respect. Nate prides himself on representing both plaintiffs and defendants and feels that doing so gives him a unique perspective that allows him to better assess each case’s strengths and weaknesses.
At home, Nate spends much of his time with his wife and young daughter. He enjoys biking, carpentry, volunteering with youth sports teams, and occasionally performing on drums with local music acts.
- Juris Doctorate Degree (J.D.), cum laude, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Publications Director for the St. Thomas Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Regional Semi-Finalist at the AAJ Trial Advocacy Competition
- Dean’s Scholarship
- Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.), History, University of Wisconsin-River Falls
- Varsity Wrestling
- U.S. District Court-District of Minnesota
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Individual Employment
- Criminal Defense
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- Insurance Defense
- Business Litigation
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Volunteer Assistant Wrestling Coach at St. Croix Central High School
- Tubman Pro Bono Safety Project
- University of St. Thomas School of Law – Mission Award for Scholary Engagement and Societal Reform
- Annual presentations to workers’ compensation insurers regarding claim defense and legislative and case developments
- Presented at 2015 Medical Malpractice Conference (Sponsored by the Minnesota Association for Justice, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, and Hennepin County Bar Association).
- Co-presented on several topics including the Minnesota Health Records Act, expert review requirements in Minnesota medical malpractice actions, and civil procedure changes. October 1, 2015
Nate’s Areas of Focus
Individuals look to us for representation in matters involving personal injury. Whether the matter involves an automobile accident, slip-and-fall, dog bite, products liability, dram shop claims, natural gas explosion or other injury-producing event, we have the experience, technical knowledge and resources to represent you.
Occasionally, disputes arise among beneficiaries of trusts and estates or between fiduciaries and beneficiaries. In the event of a dispute relating to a trust or estate, our attorneys will work with you to resolve the dispute in an efficient and respectful manner.