Colleen O. Kaufenberg, a partner at Hansen Dordell, is no stranger to the firm. In 1985 as a law student, Colleen clerked for the firm. After practicing law for almost 20 years, she returned to Hansen Dordell because of the firm’s ”top-notch reputation for quality lawyers with strong integrity, passion, and advocacy skills.”
Colleen is recognized by her clients for her tenacity in advocating on their behalf and her early file assessments which allow cost-effective issue management and early resolution. She is a hands-on attorney always available to answer questions and provide training, direction, and strategy on a day-to-day basis.
Colleen has always been a strong advocate in her children’s education and in special education serving on a private school board for many years. She has also been active in neighborhood issues involving various city council issues. Colleen and her husband enjoy skiing, golf, and spending time with their three college aged children. On Saturday afternoons in the fall, the family can be found cheering on the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. Notre Dame football is in Colleen’s blood; her uncle, Dan Devine, coached the Fighting Irish and the Green Bay Packers.
- Juris Doctorate Degree (J.D.), Hamline University School of Law, 1987
- Hamline Law Review
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (B.A.), magna cum laude, Saint Mary’s University, 1984
- Study abroad at De La Salle College, Manchester, England
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Employment Law
- Individual Employment Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- General Business Law
- Business Litigation
- Business Succession Planning
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- MN Women Lawyers
- Colleen has served on the board of her children’s local private school and church, together with numerous sports related boards.
- Advocate before various city councils on behalf of neighborhood issues
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship, Saint Mary’s University
- President, Pi Sigma Alpha – National Honorary Political Science Society, Saint Mary’s University
Colleen has prepared numerous written materials and PowerPoint presentations on Minnesota employment and workers’ compensation law for many company and organization trainings and seminars throughout the state.
Colleen regularly presents at company and organization seminars and training throughout the state on issues of Minnesota employment and workers’ compensation law.
Individuals look to us for representation in matters involving personal injury. Whether the matter involves an automobile accident, slip-and-fall, dog bite, products liability, dram shop claims, natural gas explosion or other injury-producing event, we have the experience, technical knowledge and resources to represent you.